Trash & Brush Pickup
Trash & Brush/Bulky Changes
Effective May 1st, 2013 there will be no more extra trash bags, bundles, or boxes collected outside your 96 gallon Trash Cart.
If you need an additional Cart for your waste please contact the City to schedule a delivery for an extra monthly fee per Cart.
We realize that you may have more waste than your one Cart allows for once a week collection. This is why we are offering additional Carts for those who may have the need.
This initiative will help keep Mathis clean, and debris free.
As your solid waste service provider we would like to ensure we keep Mathis clean, safe, and debris free. This is not possible without your help. Please see that you perform the following each set-out so that our drivers will collect your trash and debris in a safe and efficient manner:
- Please have your garbage set out by 7am on the day of collection or you may be missed.
- Please breakdown boxes and place the pieces in your trash Cart.
- Please make sure your Cart is not blocked by a vehicle and is placed curbside free from obstruction.
- Construction debris, tires, paint, and electronic waste (TVs, computers, satellite equipment) will not be collected
- Your lid must be able to close on your Cart
- Please place small limbs, leaves, and branches in your Cart if they fit
- Your brush and bulky items will be collected once per month, by zone. (See attachment)
Your Environmental Partners
Effective May 1st, 2013
In an effort to keep your community clean and free of debris we need your help with how and where you place your Brush & Bulky debris when needed. As your solid waste service provider we have been asked by the City to remind and educate residents on how yard trimmings (brush) and bulky items should be handled. The following procedures must be followed per the Contract with the City of Mathis:
- All yard waste (tree trimmings, branches, palms) and bulky items must be placed at curbside by 7am on your day of pick-up by section.
- Bulky items such as TVs over 32 inches, computers, tires, paint, construction debris, and any hazardous household items will not be picked up and are the responsibility of the resident to safely discard.
- If you miss the time of the pick-up and place the brush and bulky out the same day we will not be able to come back once we make a pass.
- We are contracted to collect your brush and bulky items one (1) time per month, per resident. Please check with the City as to your zone for when to place out.
- All Brush and Bulky debris must be on your property near the curb in front of your home and away from power lines, telephone poles, meters, vehicles, and fences. (if you have an exception call us and/or the City of Mathis)
- If you have a vehicle whether it is yours or a visitor's near the Brush and Bulky piles at the time of pick-up we will not be able to remove it.
- Vacant lots next to or near your home are not to be dumping grounds for this yard waste and is prohibited. (Unless you own the lot) Any violation of this will be subject to fines and enforced by the City.
- Brush and Bulky debris will not be picked up if trash bags or other debris are mixed in with the debris.
- All waste must be in plastic bags when placed in your 96 gallon Cart on collection day
We value your business and thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Please help keep your community clean and make this process as smooth and safe as possible for us. If you have any questions please contact our Customer Service Department at the number below: